Entertainment Electrics Training and Resources
ETCP Recognized Training:
· Classes and Workshops
· Ohm's Law Practice Page
· Automated Lighting: The Art and Science of Moving and Color-Changing Light, 3rd Edition, by Richard Cadena
· Electricity for Entertainment Electricians & Technicians, 2nd Edition, by Richard Cadena
· Set Lighting Technician’s Handbook, 4th Edition, by Harry Box
· Rock Solid Ethernet, 3rd Edition, by Wayne Howell
· Light Bytes: Inside Art-Net and sACN, by Wayne Howell
· NFPA 70: National Electrical Code
· Soare’s Book on Grounding and Bonding 2014
· Show Networks and Control Systems, 2nd Edition by John Huntington
· Overcurrents and Undercurrents: All About GFCIs, AFCIs, and Similar Devices, by Earl W. Roberts
· Electrical Construction & Maintenance (http://ecmweb.com)
· Lighting & Sound International
· Technopolis: The World of Live Event Production
· What is any number divided by 0?
· Mesothelioma Justice Network (Electricians were highly susceptible to asbestos exposure potentially causing serious health risks.)
Entertainment Electrics: Foundations of Electricity, Power Distribution, and Control Systems
Join ETCP Recognized Trainer Richard Cadena in a 3-day class covering basic to advanced electricity, elements of power distribution, electrical safety, codes and regulations, and controls systems for beginning to advanced attendees.
For more information, click here.
Entertainment Electrics on DVD: Foundations of Electricity, Power Distribution, and Control Systems
Entertainment Electrics on DVD is a series of videos on DVD presented by ETCP Recognized Trainer Richard Cadena. Each video is about 10 to 15 minutes long and covers a single topic related to live event production electrics. Each is followed by a short quiz to test your knowledge and retention.
Part 1 covers DC electricity, terminology, basic circuits, Ohm's law, DC power, AC electricity, impedance, AC power, phase angles, power factor, 3-phase power, harmonics, and more.
This course covers topics that are listed as being in the content outline for the ETCP Entertainment Electrician Certification Exam. Additional resources are also offered, such as video, reading material, and web pages.
Part 1 covers the first day of class and Parts 2 and 3 are available at an additional cost.
To sample the course, click here.