This application allows you to compare the operating cost of two lighting instruments. If you are considering upgrading to more efficient lighting, use this to calculate the return on investment (ROI).
Before using this application, gather some information about the existing lighting and the proposed lighting including:
- wattage of the old fixture
- wattage of the new fixture
- number of hours the lights are used in a typical year (or average weekly hours multiplied by number of weeks per year)
- the cost of electricity in your building in dollars per kilowatt-hours
- the seasonal energy efficieny ratio (SEER) (typically found on the nameplate of the air conditioning unit
At the prompts, enter the data and the annual costs will be displayed.